NAMI LCH is here to help those with a brain disorder and their families find needed support. Zoom meetings have become the most used format for gathering remotely. NAMI LCH is now offering support groups in Zoom format!
*NAMI Connection is a peer-led support group for any adult who lives with mental health challenges. Their meeting will be available on Zoom each Monday from 6 -7:30 pm. Click:
NAMI Connection Meeting Link Use Meeting ID 610 368 936 and Password 465920.
*NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for any adult with a loved one who lives with mental health challenges. Their meeting will be available on Zoom the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 6 -7:30 pm. Click:
NAMI Family Support Group Meeting Link Use Meeting ID 736 116 355 and Password 293214.
To use Zoom:
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your laptop or tablet at https://zoom.us or your smartphone using the Google Play or Apple Store.
- At your chosen meeting time, open the app, click “Join a Meeting” or use the link provided above
- Enter the Meeting ID and Password when prompted
- Enter your name
- Be sure to allow video and audio when prompted and you’re in!
We hope that those who need support, find understanding, guidance and support through these remote meetings. Be assured that the host has control over who can attend and what is shown/heard so that no disruptions will be allowed. For further help with attending NAMI meetings remotely, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|*For other resources, check out these websites:|
· The Jed Foundation Tips for Self-Care and Managing Stress
· Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
· The National Child Traumatic Stress Network Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (English, Spanish, and Chinese versions available).
· Child Mind Institute Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus